Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Literacy Track

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melanie and I headed to West Orchard
north of Macon yesterday.
Apricots were ready to pick.
I have loved Apricots
all of my life:
dried,
nectar,
canned.
While I have never had many,
I just cannot seem to get enough.
Surprisingly I have had very few fresh.
There I stood at the foot of the Apricot Trees
staring up at the Trees
laden with little Suns smiling down at me.
It was the 1st time
I had ever seen them growing.
I have waited 61 years for this.
It seems strange
that a highly educated woman
in Human Culture
(which focuses mostly on the study of Human Culture)
would not have seen such a simple
but profound gift of Creation.
What kind of literacy track have I been on?
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: