Wednesday, February 16, 2011

1st Plantings for Transplant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I began
the 1st plantings for transplants
for Gardening Season 2011
when I placed those Leek Seeds on the Soil
in their tall plastic box.
Leeks require the longest Season.
I noted that the time to plant Roots
in my Biodynamic Calendar
was on Sunday,
so plant I did.
This time,
I used Grandfather Fred's bench
to hold my Flat.
My Grandpa died before I was born
so much of what I know of him
resides in the stories I have been told.
Mother said he used that bench every year.
My Dad used it too.
In looking at the bench,
I noted something that looks like "1857"
scratched into its top.
While it likely is not that old,
the Bench is old.
My Grandfather would like
that I am using his bench.
Two days after I planted them, the little Leeks
began to emerge from the Soil.
There are a lot of smiles around here.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: