Friday, March 20, 2009

Balance

Today is the Spring Equinox. From Latin, "equi" means equal, and "nox" means Night. On this day, Day and Night are supposed to be in balance. The short cold days of Winter in our Northern Home on this Amazing Planet move toward the long hot days of Summer.

Some believe this day marks the beginning of Spring. While the Air is still chilly and the Earth is clothed in drab, Nature is making a shift. All of Creation feels it. Of course, we Humans feel it too. We have more energy. Senses of anticipation, excitement, and hope are present; these sensations were missing or decidely less just a few days ago.

Years ago, I heard that on this day (along with the Fall Equinox), one can balance an Egg on its end. I usually test this out on this day. After a few adjustments, I have always been able to get that Egg to balance. I have no idea if this is the only day when this can be done. But somehow, it makes sense to me and is precisely what I want to believe. I like to feel that "balance" in all that is. With it comes a calm that all things are shifting as they are meant to be.

No comments: