Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

In my Culture,
we set aside 1 Day and more specifically 1 Big Meal
for Thanksgiving.
On our Little Farm,
the Fall Harvest is now complete,
with the exception
of some Apple Pies I plan to freeze.
The Apples are long harvested,
I just have yet to make the Pies.
The Freezers, Pantry, and Cupboards
are full to overflowing.
Even the Garage has tucked inside
Winter Delights for Chickens.
Abundance is before us, around us.
Abundance nourishes us, gives us Life.
The Garden, Earth and Creator bless us with
Food and Fellow Companions.
From All These Things,
we Learn and Grow.
I shall tweak my Thanksgiving Day Celebration.
I shall practice Gratitude
with each Step along the Path,
with each Breath,
with each Day I am given this Earthly Life.
How could I consider anything less?
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2008

No comments: