Saturday, July 23, 2011

Healthy Change for Creation

I saw what very likely is a Sad Sight today.  It was a Sad Sight for the Caterpillar and an Epiphany for me.

A Swallowtail Caterpillar was making its way up a Dill Plant, which is its Host.  Dill is a Cool Season Plant.  After the Heat of this week, the Dill is Fried.  Its change after 1 long week of Heat was dramatic.  I am no expert on Butterfly Natural History, but this sight evoked in me an Epiphany.

With Global Warming, Climate is outside "normal bounds".  Weather Events are more intense.  Some areas are Hotter and some Colder.  Some areas are Wetter and others Drier.  In these parts, we have gone from Wet to Dry and Hot, and it has been in very short order.  There has not been much for transition. The Earth is hard and cracked.  She begs for Cooling Temps and Gentle Rain.

I am a Human and I have access to resources which moderate the effects of Climate on me.  They seem to, anyway.  During intense Heat, I can go inside into the Air Conditioning (which ultimately adds to Global Warming).  But none the less, I can find comfort.  If I am unable to produce my own Food, I can go to the Grocery Store, which some Farmer somewhere has hopefully been able to produce Food for me (which ultimately adds to Global Warming).  These reliefs that I experience are likely to come into question soon.  They too are ramping up the problem.

But let's go back to the Caterpillar.  That Caterpillar is stuck.  He or She may or may not have had the Greenery needed to complete its Caterpillar Stage.  The Greenery of the Plant overhead will not provide shade to moderate temperature because it is Fried. 

Let it be known that I am increasingly aware that our Human actions are altering the Climate of this Beautiful Planet with which we were gifted of Life.  Global Warming and Climate Change is affecting the Human.  But it is also affecting a host of Life Forms, many of whom are unknown to me.  They implore our change.

I am listening.  I seek actions which will bring things back into balance, assuming we have not gone too far.  Regardless of outcome, I seek to be a part of healthy change for Creation.  Regardless, I stand before my Creator and all Life Forms (now and in the future):  I am trying to effect change.  I have much to learn and I have great willingness to walk a different Path.

No comments: