Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fun House Mirror

May 9:

We had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I do not think it could have been better. I requested my favorite meal at this season: Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Asparagus, and Peach Pie.

We packaged up the whole works which was piping hot and took it in to share with Mother at the Nursing Home. Of course, she didn't want us to go to any trouble. But it wasn't. It was pure bliss instead. You could call it a picnic, which is reminiscent of those many picnics she packed up for us.

And how do the Green Onions fit in? I asked that Richard dig some Green Onions to take into the Nursing Home. Mother loves them. It isn't spring without them. We took in a few extra for those who could eat them as well. One of the Ladies said that was the best Green Onion she had ever had.

You will note that this picture is a little different than the 1 I put up for the banner. You could call it a "self portrait" of the photographer. No, I am not an Onion, although I do love Onions.

You will see me in the top of the stainless steel bowl. I am upside down (although I was not standing upside down). I have on the beautiful apron that Deleta made for me. It is getting quite a bit of use these days.

Looking closely, my head is teeny and squished, as Melanie said. It kind of looks like a Tuna Can. Or perhaps a version of E.T. It's been a long time since I have visited Mirrors at a Fun House, but I did on this day through the lens of my Camera. We 3 C's laughed. Laughs are good.

No comments: