Monday, May 10, 2010

Ode to Joy

May 6:

"Buffalo Gal" is a rose we brought down from our yard in North Dakota. In the 3 years since our move, she has surely settled in very well here in our new Home.

On this morning of this new day, she is opening her 1st Bloom. Judging by the Buds she is offering up, this year she will be giving quite a show. As I remember last year, she bloomed into Fall. This year, I will have to pay better attention.

Each moment of Spring is another Gateway into the New. We stand in the middle of all that is and we give it our fullest attention. We don't want to miss any thing.

If I were to assign a feeling toward Spring, I should surely offer the word "Joy". I think of Beethoven's "Ode to Joy". I love that Hymn. We get to stand in the midst of Creation. On a deeper level I know the meaning of: "Hearts unfold like flowers before Thee."

No comments: