Saturday, November 13, 2010

Guidance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years ago,
I began to feel
uneasy
with popular means
of thought and action.
Some things simply
did not make sense.
It was
as if I was putting
on "Hand Me Down" Shoes
that did not fit
my Feet
and hampered
my Walk.
Plus,
I had questions
I had to pursue.
I began to walk away
from Boxes that constrained
my Thinking,
my Actions,
and my Walk.
Simultaneously,
I was drawn to studying
other Cultures' views of the World
and their place in it.
In that moment,
I began to honor
the Voice
inside of Me.
I was learning
to color outside the Lines.
Instead of a Black and White World,
I found Colors
hanging on the Rainbow.
I found Guidance
for my Earthly Walk.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: