Monday, July 5, 2010

It Takes 2

We 3 C's had a great Breakfast this morning. I made Blueberry Wild Rice Pancakes from a mix given to us from Dorreen. The mix came from Native Harvest, on White Earth Reservation in northern Minnesota. The Blueberries were in the Freezer and were picked from the local Blueberry Farm. We added some wonderful embellishments; Maple Syrup (which was a gift from Steven) was a favorite.

While we were having Breakfast this morning, Melanie noted 2 Downy Woodpeckers doing the same on the Mullein Seed Head. We got out the Binoculars for a closer inspection. Mrs. Downy was feeding her Youngster. She would gather Mullein Seeds in her Beak. When it was full, She would feed them to the Little One who was actually bigger than She. Yes, it takes 2.

I decided to try to take a picture. I put the Digital Camera on 12 power. It wasn't bad for a shot, if one managed to use their imagination. Melanie suggested we try to use the Binocs and the Camera. She held the Binocs and I held the Camera. Since I could see through the Viewing, I would try to move the Camera and Binocs around until we found the Downies. Fortunately, the Downies were intent upon their Breakfast, so we had some time. Melanie and I looked pretty amusing while we were orchestrating these Shots. Yes, it takes 2.

No comments: