Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sold

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sold my Car today.
Were on our way out the door
headed toward the dealership.
Car was clean,
sparkly,
spiffy,
ready to go.
Title, keys, records
were in my hand.
Coat was on,
mittens too.
Phone rang.
Friend expressed interest.
We met 20 minutes later.
They fell in love,
just as I did.
We were neither
in the car selling business.
So, setting price
was strange all around.
They asked
what I would like.
I asked
what they would like.
We hummed, hawed,
looked down at the ground,
shuffled our feet,
looked back up again
and smiled.
I suggested a price.
They offered more.
We settled.
Sold.
Hugs all around.
Isn't this the way
it's supposed to work?
She sits
on a new drive
tonight.
Feels good.
She took good care of me .
She will take good care of them.
She has new adventures ahead.
So do we.
I gave her
a little pat on the way out,
said "Thanks",
wished her
and her new Family
well.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: