Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Markers

It was a lovely day on the Farm today.  The heat has mellowed.  It should be cooling these next 3 days.  And beginning tomorrow evening, the chances for rain should be increasing.

Richard did peas today:  sugar snap and shell.  I worked on laundry.  I just love it when the wash comes in off the line smelling like sunshine.  Should make for some good sleeping tonight.

Watering is taking time since it has been so dry.  I worked on stemming Gooseberries.  I also did a wonderful "loop around the farm" sampling black raspberries wherever I went.  They will be coming in soon.

We still have planting to do.  But the harvest is picking up.  Each and every veggie or fruit which needs harvesting and preserving is a marker of the turning of the Great Wheel.  Today we had new Peas and Potatoes for the first time.  That is indeed a marker. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

I am trying at this season to stay focused on the "present moment".  If I look ahead and think of all the things that must get done, I can get a little crazy.  There is no point in that.  As Richard says, we will get done what we get done.  Now that is a good idea.  In the meantime, I am just seeming to enjoy the task and moment at hand.

No comments: