Monday, April 14, 2008

Pow-wow Bound

This is a quick note as I am writing quite early this morning. That's because Melanie and I are taking off for Grand Forks in about 6 hours. We are headed to the University of North Dakota Indian Association 39th Annual Time-Out Pow-Wow which is April 18-20th. Over the years this has become quite a marker for us: of Spring and the Indigenous heritage and presence on this continent where we make our home. How could we not go?

And inbetween, we will see some very special people who are our North Dakota family. It's a quick and spontaneous trip, so we will not be able to see them all. I know some of you there check this Blog on occasion. If you do, please note:
  • I will be at Amazing Grains having my usual great lunch on Friday from 11am-1pm. Feel free to join me.
  • Melanie and I will both be at the Pow-wow at Hyslop for the 1pm Grand Entry on Saturday. We always sit up above on the North side in the center. Again, feel free to join us at this extraordinary event.
And Sunday, we head back home to the Farm. We aren't leaving the Farm much these days as we are getting into high season. My hybrid tea roses arrived today. We have plants and seeds that are soon to be in the ground. I have tucked in my planning materials for the trip. Spring has at last arrived.

No comments: