Sunday, November 27, 2011

Taking Care of Family Archives

A couple of weeks ago, Amanda Langendoerfer, from Special Collections at the Pickler Memorial Library of Truman State University, presented on preserving family collections to the annual fall meeting of the Adair County Historical Society.  She shared the following, "Resources for Private and Family Collections" from the Northeast Document Conservation Center: http://www.nedcc.org/resources/resources.php

This is a big deal for me.  I have some very precious family photos and documents with which the ancestors have entrusted me.  They are entrusted to me, not because I "own" them, but rather to hold for future generations. These simple treasures demand my utmost vigilance and care.  I choose not to be a break in the chain. I may not be perfect in their care, but I will do the best that I can.

Thank you, Amanda...

No comments: