Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Equinox

Today is the Fall Equinox for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.  Daylight and dark are approximately equal in length.  Sun rises due East and sets due West or so it appears.  I greeted Grandfather Sun as He arose this morning and I intend to send Him on his way this evening when He sets.  Sun continues on His southward journey as we move into the colder seasons here.  At exactly 9:49am, the sun crosses the celestial equator.

On this day, I think of balance.  I say goodbye to the warm summer season and the new growing that I have seen this past season.  I think of how all that is life must get ready for the upcoming winter.  Winter is a time of rest, replenishment, renewal, and an inward journey. I look with awe at the balance essential to support life itself.  Here we sit amid a vast Creation. 

Maybe this is a prayer or voices from the Ancients:  "Take note.  Give thanks.  Do nothing to minimize life itself and to alter Creation with which we were entrusted for all those who follow."

Once again, "the Wheel turns".  Blessed be.
http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons

No comments: