Saturday, August 8, 2009

Recording Family History

In companion to our learning and growing on this Little Farm is a continuing quest into Family History, including our own. I seem to be in continuous discussions with Family and others in regard to these things. I shall be incorporating "Recording Family History" which gives structure and organization to the pattern of these things. These are my thoughts on the subject and may not be univerally held.

When I write, I need to record on the page my name and the date of writing. We have some writings from the Ancestors which have no names. That name is really very important. All those who follow us will want to know the name of the writer. They will need to know that in order for the story to be complete. If I come across writings of relatives that are unsigned, but I know the writer, I should be sure to note that (and the approximate date, if known).

That surely should be extended to pictures. Just like Mother has always told us, we should put names and dates on the back. One should not delay. I have not been as good at this as I should have been. But it is not too late to change that little practice around.

No comments: