Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seeking Center

August 20:

I have been so very distracted these days with the remodeling project that I have not taken the time for my almost daily walks in Nature. I miss them!

So I did a walkabout today and it was wonderful. I find those times in Nature as grounding. Somehow, the intensity of the Human World and the Demands of the Moment just lose their Edge. My head is clearer and I breathe more deeply. Solutions emerge that I had not considered.
The urgency of the moment softens and sometimes just falls away.

Since I had not walked for a few days, I had missed the subtle shifts in Nature's Show. The Shifts on this Day took on a bit more Drama. We are definitely moving into the "Yellow Season".

I had no idea the Ashy Sunflowers were blooming. I love this humble understated Flower. The Plant is about 2 to 2 1/2 feet tall with gray green foliage. The Plants seem to like to hang out in Communities. I usually find them in large clusters several yards wide. They grow in the low ground on the south side of our Little Farm.

Not all Plants produce Blooms in any given Season. It is almost like they give each other the spotlight to bloom.

When the Ashy Sunflower Blooms, we know that we are in mid to late August. Soon, the Meadow will take on the look of Fall. Where did the Summer go?

No comments: