Saturday, April 24, 2010

Recipe: Basic Salad Dressing (and Wood Furniture Polish too)

1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (or other of one's choice)
2/3 Cup Olive Olive

Place in a jar with lid. Shake and serve.
~~~~
Note 1: This is my favorite Salad Dressing. It just sits back and lets the Fresh Greens/Garden Produce take center stage.

Note 2: I also use this Recipe for polishing Wood Furniture (using White Vinegar instead). It seems to replenish the Woods and keeps them in good condition. I put a little on a cloth and rub it into the Wood. Then I use a dry cloth to rub off the excess. If you are trying this, you may 1st want to experiment with a small part of the Wood Furniture. I found this "recipe" in the late 1990s in a book on using less toxic products for home care by Annie Berthold Bond. Why would we want to use that stinky toxic stuff anyway? We have enough toxics in these precious bodies and homes in toxic times anyway. What goes into the Furniture goes into us too.

No comments: