Sunday, April 25, 2010

She Says

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In those seemingly
endless miles of road,
she says
"I haven't spent much time in Nature."
I puzzle and muse.
How could this be
in a society
and world
which pride themselves
in having everything
for Humans
immediately
at our fingertips?
I am deeply blessed that
I have had many opportunities
in Nature:
those camping trips
near and far
when I was a Child,
my ongoing adventures
with my Naturalist Husband,
his continual eye and heart
for the outdoors
and his yearning
to pull me along,
my art of Birds,
a career and life style
based on bringing people
home to the land,
my attraction to Gardening.
While I spent a lot of time inside,
I couldn't be separated
from Nature.
None of us can.
She will not release
Her Embrace.
Returning to Her
is a Coming Home
for which we all yearn
and have awaited for so long.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: