Monday, April 26, 2010

Seasoned Tools

April 24:

The 3 Brothers (Hollis, Gerald, and Richard) headed to another auction yesterday. This time they went "up to Downing". I always like to say "up to Downing". It seems like such a contradiction in terms. Saying it just makes me kind of giggle whimsically.

I told Mother about the "Boys'" Adventure and she just smiled. I can imagine that the Boys' Mother, who passed in 1991, would be smiling too. In fact, I am sure their Mother would be grinning "from Ear to Ear". Perhaps, she is in the background getting all these adventures organized. To which I would respond: "Keep 'em comin'."

Amid other Treasures, Richard brought home something his Brother gave to Melanie. Uncle Gerald gave Melanie a Hand Beater which she had been looking for. We are increasingly fascinated with Seasoned Tools. We find the newer tools to be mostly "plasticky, soon to be trash, and strange".

Who knows the Story that old Beater could tell? That old Beater fits in nicely around here. We never can tell what we are going to be stirring up next.

Melanie says: "Thank you, Uncle."

No comments: