Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yet Again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once upon a time,
I had a hard time
saying "Good-bye,"
letting Others
go out of my Life
as we each moved on.
I would
clutch,
I would
cling.
That has changed.
Now I know
such Folks
have been placed
along my Path
as significant Teachers
on our Growing Journeys.
I need to let them go.
We will grow and change
along Life's Path,
sometimes far removed
from where we were before.
To cling to the Old
them or me,
is to cling to something
we were before.
It is to cling
to a pair of shoes
which no longer fit.
I
am ever
in transformation,
as are they.
When I let them go,
I praise the Divine
for their Gifts
in my Life.
I let them go
to become
who they were intended.
And I let me go
to do the same.
With a glowing smile
inside,
I wonder
who will come
into my Life next.
I watch,
I wait,
I am filled
with joy,
love,
gratitude,
expectancy.
The Creator
is at work
yet again.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Cindy Grabe said...

Glinda,
I so enjoy reading your blog. I especially liked this poem. I think having cancer taught me to experience the moment I am in. Don't mourn too much for the past or plan too confidently for the future.
I think Spring is even coming to North Dakota!!