Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Memories

March 19:

Today is the 45th Anniversary of Richard and my 1st date. I can remember some things distinctly; others are a blur. He was a big Senior and 17. I was a Junior and 16. I wore my beautiful Dark Green Wool Sweater and Plaid Skirt which Mother had bought for me for special occasions. I always felt warm and filled with smiles inside when I wore it.

Richard took me to see a new Film (James Bond's Goldfinger) which at the time was all the rage. The Film even to this day puzzles me. He picked me up in his Folks' 1959 Aqua Blue and White Ford Fairlane Galaxy 500, the kind with the Fins. I thought the Car was his. He had surely cleaned and polished it royally. He walked at my side and opened and closed doors for me. He made me feel very special. He still does.

I smile. My, how the time has flown. What a privilege it has been and is to walk beside another on our growing Journeys for such an extended period.

It is also "Fruit Day" and Tomatoes were on the list "to plant from Seed". Melanie consulted with Richard and me regarding the specific varieties to plant. My request was the color: Red-Red-Red, the Really Red Ones I remember as a Child. Richard was more specific.
~~~~
Note: Deleta sent this picture which shows the 2 1959 Ford Cars out by the Cottonwood to the side of the Boys' Folks House. Richard's Folks' Car is on the Left; his Brother John's is on the Right. How proud we were of those Cars back then. I guess we still are as a Culture. Back then, my Family's Cars were always more sedate in color (Muted Green, Gray).

No comments: