Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Welcome Home

For many years, I have pondered the Wild Geese's remarkable Flights overhead in the Spring and Fall Seasons. Their Voices and their Presence have meant many things to me. Their passing signified a marker and celebration of a change of Seasons. I could feel that shift in my core. Something inside me danced with Joy.

While I knew that their Calling was communication to each other, I could almost hear them expressing Greetings of the Season to their Companions on the Ground. They seemed especially to be calling out to their Human Companions who were intent upon other things and took little time to "look up".

I could also hear in their Voices a Sadness that their Human Companions were often oblivious to them. I could feel their angst as they watched a Landscape which was "Home" increasingly gobbled up from Human Pursuits and alien to their Needs. They would have to fly farther and would find less.

These days, I think they are looking down at us and beginning to see some shifts in the Human Presence. While not mainstream by any means yet, many Humans are at last returning to being present in Nature. We are returning to that Great Circle of Life of which we are a part. Perhaps the languages of the Geese are their way of saying "Welcome Home".

No comments: