Friday, June 8, 2012

Perks

The more time I spend on this little Farm, the more perks that seem to appear.  At some previous time, these perks were unknown and unexpected to me.   Increasingly, they are "front and center".  I can overlook them no longer:
  • I am more peaceful and content.
  • I am filled with awe and wonder.
  • I find myself in a constant state of being open to Nature's surprises.
  • The smallest things fill me with delight:  a butterfly hatch, Quail song, bird feather, watching peaches grow, arrival of a migratory bird.
  • I see how little I know about the Natural world of which I am apart.
  • I am thirsty to know as much as I can.  Every day is like the first day of school.
  • I see snapshots of the web of life which supports our being.
  • Life is one big circle, of which Humans have only one small part.
  • I choose to do as little damage to that web of life that I can.
  • The craziness of the Human world is less apt to throw me off center.
  • It's hard work.  There are no guarantees.  It's worth it.  
  • We are more connected neighbors/family/friends.  I see how interdependent we are.
  • I don't like to leave the Farm. 

No comments: