Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Seems to Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connecting the dots 
seems easy to me.  
Those pronounced weather events,
---
drought, 
deluge of rains,
ramped up hurricanes,
massive systems of tornadoes,
record temperatures broken time and time again,
---
in places known and unknown to us,
affecting people and places
known and unknown to us,
suggest something is out of kilter
on our precious planetary home.
Seems to me
those dots between 
irresponsible corporate
and consumer actions,
and the drama of weather events
are drawing out thick black straight line.
Seems to me
I would be willing 
to do just about anything 
in my power 
to lessen that affect.
I am trying.
And I can do more.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: