Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Friend

The Monks of New Skete.  (1978). How to Be Your Dog's Best friend: A Training Manual for Dog Owners.  Boston:  Little, Brown and Company.

Whenever we read a book on dog training, it usually means that we are getting ready to get a new dog or we are training in a dog for our family.  That does not happen very often.  Years ago, a friend up North loaned me her favorite book when Wicket (our Sheltie) was joining us.  Melanie reminds me that it was 1986.  The book was entitled:  No Bad Dogs, which sounded like a good idea.  I did read some of it, but not all.  This little entry has nothing to do with the above book, it is just a story that comes up whenever we are getting ready to bring on a new dog.  You see, when I got the book ready to return to my friend, I discovered that Wicket had chewed on a corner of the cover.  My friend laughed.  So did we then and we do today too.  Wherever Wicket might be, I can imagine she is smiling and she might be blushing too, if dogs blush under all of that fur.

No comments: