Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Seeking Center

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
English,
my Human Centered Language,
permits me to conclude 
that "Sun rises",
meaning Earth
must be 
Center 
of Universe.
More specifically,
wherever I, 
as Human, 
am,
I am
Center 
of Universe.
That is an Anthropocentric view,
for which my Culture is known.
But rather Earth 
spins on Her Axis,
giving Daylight and Dark.
She rotates around Sun.
And Sun with family of Planets
rotates around some Center 
in the Milky Way Galaxy,
which I see stretched 
in a large band across Night Sky.
I am just riding along.
There's more to know,
Dear Child of the Universe.
I know so little of these things.
The little I know
and the more I am aware 
of how little I know
fills me with 
Awe, 
Gratitude, 
Reverence, 
Respect.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: