Thursday, September 15, 2011

Request

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Use of Fossil Fuels 
alters cycles 
of Earth, 
our beloved Home,
on whom 
we depend 
for Life itself.  
Using these 
non-renewable 
resources 
with reckless abandon,
hopeless naivete,
or Human arrogance
is go down a path
of aborting Life itself.  
Surely we did not 
come here 
to do that.
I am someone 
who grows Food.  
I have front row seats 
watching the relationship 
between Climate Change 
and our potential 
for sustaining Life.  
I am a Mother 
and someone 
of Grandmother age.  
With the years 
and experiences I bring, 
I see intimately 
how our actions 
influence others, 
particularly 
those yet to come.
I request
we each cut back 
on Fossil Fuels 
and move 
toward renewable sources.  
It's pretty easy.
At its core,
it's a request 
to adopt practices 
which sustain Life
rather than seek 
to destroy it.
Why would we
even consider
anything else?
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: