Friday, February 26, 2010

Farm Art

When I am rested, my Art flourishes. If I am all pooped out, the last thing I think to do is Art. And it is probably 1 of the things I need the most at the time.

The Rest I got in January put me right back into my Art. Richard and Melanie helped me set up my Art Table and Storage Cabinet. Melanie and I had gone to a local Printer and gotten Paper Scraps from Printing Projects. I had begun to scan through my/our Photos of the Farm to print images to have in reserve. (We have also been using them as postcards; has that ever been fun!)

I started making Cards. I select a Photo that fits the Occasion and the Person. I "zigzag" the Photo in Gold Thread (or other Color) onto heavier weight paper. Then I start playing with my Colored Pencils. I have some wonderful Colored Pencils. They are among my very best of Friends. What fun! Last, I/we put in a special message to the Honoree.

Admittedly, I have done very few at this stage, but the Ones that I have done have made my Spirit soar. The 1st Card was for my Sister-in-Law Deleta's 70th Birthday. I think she enjoyed it just as much as I did in making it.

The 2nd Card was a Valentine for Mother. I don't have a picture of it. It is hanging on her door. She wanted it there where everyone could see it. One never tires of the pride a Parent shows in their work!

The 3rd Card was for Allison as part of a House Warming Gift to her in her New Home. Melanie embroidered her a Tea Towel with an inscription of special meaning and uniquely for her. We also tucked in some Garden Grown and Homemade Goodies from the Farm. For us, Handmade and Homemade are best. They take time, but time means Love.

Cardmaking is relatively new for me. I can't always make Cards for a variety of reasons, but I do want to do more.

No comments: