Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcoming Someone New

February 16:

Those Musselburgh Leek Seedlings are now above the rim of the container in which they are planted. The Black Seeds are still attached to the tippy tops of the Seedlings. They seem to be waving their little arms for all to see: "Hello, World. Here we come." Planted February 4, they have been in the Soil almost 12 days.

From the time they 1st began to sprout, they would smell softly as Onions when I misted the Soil with Water. Even when they were Wee Small, they knew who they were and what they wanted to grow up to be.

I look in on them several times during the day. I touch my hand over their Soft New Leaves. I talk to them. I welcome them to our Farm and to our Lives. I tell them how beautiful they are and how important they are. I let them know we are so glad they are here.

My Mother always taught me to be welcoming toward someone new. Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

No comments: