Sunday, February 7, 2010

Good Neighbors

On our Walkabout we saw Tracks everywhere. Our Fellow Residents and Neighbors of the Feathered and Furry Varieties are often invisible to us on this Little 40. They are shy or more active at Night. Right there in front of our Eyes, we could see others live here too and they are in abundance. We just have not met them yet. Or maybe, we have not been paying attention. We wonder who they are.

When I was growing up, my Mother always talked about the importance of being a Good Neighbor. She would go to New Neighbors and introduce Herself and our Family. Often, she would have a Pie in Hand. That was a big deal because her Pies were terrific. My Mother was a Welcome Wagon all by herself. Through the years, my Parents did the best that they could to be Good Neighbors. We 3 C's have surely tried to do the same.

It occurs to me that we share this Little 40 with a wealth of Fellow Residents and Neighbors. Probably most have Family Histories here that far precede us. I hope and pray they find us Good Neighbors and Friends.

No comments: