Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thank You

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I pick a Fruit or Vegetable or eat Meat,
I thank the Being for its Gifts
to Me and my Family.
Somehow, I have entered
into recognition of a one-to-one Sacred Relationship
with the Being which gives me/us Life.
Such a relationship
is as the Creator intended.
Thanking
is a simple
yet powerful
thing to do.
This seemingly
Old Practice
is new to me.
Yet, it happens
spontaneously.
And it feels ever so right.
As I stood
in the Blueberry Patch
yesterday,
I thanked the Plant
with almost every handful
the Plant provided.
Just being present
with that feeling
made me smile.
Our Culture has somehow shifted
toward "entitlement".
The belief is "I am Human.
All in that other world lacks feeling.
I can take whatever I please."
To which I say:
Not.
We plan to have
Blueberry Pancakes
from our very own Blueberries
tomorrow for breakfast.
Already, the words
are forming on my lips:
"Thank you."
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: