Monday, October 10, 2011

Interesting Visitors

Richard gathered Cane Heads up today in the wheel barrow that was his Mother's.  Those lovely vibrant Seed Heads will be used for Seed, Food for Birds/Chickens, and Food for Humans.  When he brought the wheelbarrow up to the Deck on the way to the garage where the Seeds will dry, he called out to Melanie and me.  When that happens, we know that something interesting has developed and we don't want to miss it.

And there she was:  A Praying Mantis.  "Hi," she seemed to say.  "Hi," we said in return.  She was patient with me as I took pictures.  I wonder if she was as curious about us as we were about her.  We know so little about Mantises.  I look forward to knowing more.

We had many interesting Visitors to the Farm on this beautiful day.  The Mantis would probably look at me and say: "What?  Don't forget:  I live here.  I am not a visitor."  I stand corrected.  We (the 3 C's and the Mantis) had many interesting Visitors to the Farm on this beautiful day.

No comments: