Friday, January 1, 2010

Book Friend

Roberts, Elizabeth and Amidon, Elias. (1991). Earth Prayers from Around the World: 365 Prayers, Poems, and Invocations for Honoring the Earth. New York: HarperSanFrancisco.

I have been walking with greater benevolent intention upon this Earth since the mid 1990s. This little work has been 1 of my most trusted and most consistent Book Companions. It has a special spot beside my Bed. I usually do not read page for page, but rather open it to where the page falls. Regardless of the Spot in my Life or in the Book, I always find words that illuminate and give meaning to my space in Time.

Earth Prayers given are Contemporary, Ancient, Timeless. They cross and bridge Spiritual Traditions. They illustrate something precious to us all: Our Common Home.

http://books.google.com/books?id=A1cQPG5di_QC&dq=Earth+Prayers+from+Around+the+World:+365+Prayers,+Poems,+and+Invocations+for+Honoring+the+Earth.&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=PqU-S5CDCKKGlgeLnangCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

No comments: