Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beauty of Age

Mother got a card from another Elder "Ellen" today. And is it ever sweet. The card was produced by Abbey Press. I am reminded of the "Beauty of Age", which is so often overlooked in my culture. Thank you, Ellen. And, while this Blog is never about advertising or "things", thank you, Abbey Press too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Older I Get...
the simpler my holiday preparations become...
the closer I feel to old friends as I write my Christmas cards...
the more I cherish the oldest ornaments...
the more fondly I remember Christmases past...
the longer I hold on to a holiday hug...
the more I realilze Christmas is a matter of the heart...
the tighter my throat gets when I sing "Silent Night"...
the more I enjoy giving than receiving...
the more I try to see Christmas through the eyes of a child...
the longer I sit at night in the glow of the Christmas tree...
the more wondrously beautiful the Christmas story is...
the deeper my awe at God's infinite love...
the More I Love Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: