Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cheering Us On

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I sought a Life Style
friendly to the Earth
which is our shared Home,
I found myself caught in a Web.
Paths were not always clear.
Choices were not necessarily easy.
The Learning Curve was steep.
To look at the enormity of the Problem
was to get overwhelmed.
I chose 1 issue
to work on at a time.
I focused.
I asked questions.
I showed my concerns.
I figured we Humans
had gotten ourselves
into this mess,
and by golly,
with those Big Brains
and awakening Hearts,
we could get ourselves out.
I found other Kindred Spirits.
We cried, we stomped our feet,
we laughed,
we shared hopes and dreams.
We found pathways
and we shared.
I found Vendors and Products
advertised to be "Green".
Some were deceptive.
But I found others
true to their intent and
in line with my Values.
It is easier now
and it is a lot more fun.
Those Little Ones that follow and
those Grandmas who knew we could
are cheering us on.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: