Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tips: Boiled Eggs

1: Use Eggs which are not the freshest. These have a tendency to stick to the shell.
2: (I learned this a long time ago from the more experienced cooks in my Family. This is fast and saves on energy and money.) Bring to boil. Boil 3 minutes. Let stand in boiling water 10-15 minutes. Exchange hot water for cool tap water to bring down temperature.
3: (I love this part. I learned it from Rachel Hextel, one of my former students. She learned it from her mother. I added the dance part.) To crack shells, drain out water and leave Eggs in pot. Shake the pot from side to side. Those Egg Shells just crack and crumble. Following this little dance between the Pot, the Eggs, and the Cook, removing Shells is easy.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good info - Thanks! :)