Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Crafting

I do not know what it is about resting that inspires Craft Making, but somehow they just seem to go hand in hand for me. When I am tired and stretched, the Crafts somehow go right out the window. When I am resting, grounding and centering, they come right back into focus.

I made a Card for Great Niece Cassie's Birthday earlier in the week. The Card was inspired by the fact that she (like Richard, Melanie and all of Richard's blood family) is a Mayflower descendant. I put a photo of the Mayflower Beans that I harvested this Fall on specialty paper we got from a local Printer as leftovers from projects. I did some playful zigzagging with my sewing machine and coloring with my Prisma Pencials. I constructed a little Bag to hold some Bean Seeds and I made a little card which gives information about the Beans and their planting which I tucked inside.

Today, Melanie has been working on a necklace for her friend Emily. It is made of Job's Tears, which is a lovely plant seed she produced in her garden. The "seed beads" inbetween were purchased at Pow Wows up North.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm the same way when it comes to being crafty. This time of year just seems to bring it out in me. I agree too, that it's awfully hard to be creative and inspired when life is hectic. ;)

By the way - the necklace is lovely! :)