Monday, December 28, 2009

Wheel Keeps Turning

Our favorite Seed Catalogs are patiently waiting in cue. This afternoon, Melanie brought up the Seed Stash from the Basement. She and Richard have been pouring over Catalogs. After fits and starts, conversation is flowing. We should be ready to order in the next couple of Days.

It will be easier this time. We have quite a supply of Seeds, including many we have saved and many from earlier orders. We know more what to expect. We also know areas that we need to learn and grow.

Looking back over these 1st 3 Growing Seasons, we seemed to be pretty scattered with all the newness of the experiences. Now we are able to focus more. It certainly helps that Richard, Melanie and I each have Veggies that we specialize in. For the most part, we are not going to take on anything much new, which is a change from when "everything" seemed new. I can think of 1 exception.

This evening, I asked which Herbs would be more likely to go in Sausages. Melane said she didn't know, but she would certainly be willing to grow them. I shall have to get me a Sausage Book. I don't know why I am drawn to Sausage Making. I think my Croatian Grandparents and my German Great Grandparents would approve. I don't know if this is the year, but I am surely leaning in that direction.

It seems that we just finished the Growing and Harvesting Seasons. That Wheel just keeps right on turning. It is a wonder to experience and see.

No comments: