Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Peas and Potatoes

Tonight we had New Peas and Potatoes with our dinner.  Richard asked if I was going to make a White Sauce.  I had already decided "no", in the interest of not much energy.  I could tell that he was mulling over this in disbelief.  From a distance, I heard rustlings in the kitchen and I knew he had gone right to making White Sauce.  Not having White Sauce with New Peas and Potatoes must have seemed like an act of heresy.

So I headed into the kitchen and began making the White Sauce.  I do love to make White Sauce.  He had already dug the potatoes and washed them.  We had already picked the peas and I had shelled them.  He had dug the onions and washed them.  This time, I cut up the Green Onion tops and put them in bags for the freezer.  Now that is new experiment. 

When we sat down at the table, that wonderful dish just smiled up at us. It just can't be early summer without New Peas and Potatoes and White Sauce.

No comments: