Sunday, June 12, 2011

We planted Flowers from Mother's this evening. I wanted to put some of her Old Farm Lilies out by the sign which marks our address. I don't know where she got those Lilies. She may have gotten them from Aunt Louise and Uncle Russell's farm. For me, those Lilies are markers of Farms and Rural Living. We see banks of them along the roadsides where houses now stand or used to stand.

I smile. They are simple, humble, and jubilant. Those rural Homemakers did their best to tuck beauty into all the corners while juggling a myriad of tasks in their very busy days.

Those Lilies once adorned a rural Farm. They came to the city to adorn my Mother's house and yard. Now they have returned to the country side. Somehow, they say to me "Welcome home." They say that to themselves too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: