Monday, June 6, 2011

Early

When I was a little Girl, I would visit my Aunt Louise, Uncle Russell, and Cousin Junior (as he was known then) on their 35 acre Farm just north of town.  Their Farm seemed enormous to the likes of me. 

I would sometimes go for a week or a weekend in the summer, which I dearly loved.  Those weeks on the Farm must have coincided with Aunt Louise's vacation from McGraw-Edison, a plant where she worked.  It makes me smile a big deep smile to think that she would include me on her vacation time.

I remember they would get up very early, even before it got light.  They would have breakfast before I was thinking about waking up or getting up.   I am sure they quietly bustled about so as not to wake me up.  I kind of remember some "shushing" sounds too.  Those sounds came from Aunt Louise. That very busy family had lots to do getting the work of the Farm going before the heat of the Sun picked up and before Uncle Russell headed to town for his off-the-Farm work at the Producer's Creamery.

In those days, I had no clue about why it would be important to get up so early.  I was a Town Kid and, in the luxury of that life, things were surely not stirring for me then.  Now that we have settled on this little Farm and now that the Summer's Heat is here, I surely do have a clue about such matters.  Yes, I have been getting up early and yes, I have been out weeding just after the Sun comes up.  And yes, it makes a lot more sense. 

I have to chuckle: I am sure that "posting on the Blog" would not have been a primary activity of consideration then and I am not so sure that it makes sense now.  Except, thoughts are stirrin' and "you gotta strike when the Iron is Hot."

No comments: