Saturday, June 25, 2011

From Dark to Light

Most of the day was dark, rainy and gloomy.  We 3 C's declared it a Slow Day, or perhaps the Day declared that for itself.  We Humans simply found our place in it.  We did get 2 1/2 inches of Rain in our trusty Rain Gauge. Toward later afternoon, the Sun broke through and we headed out to inspect the Garden. 

I chuckle when I see that Baptisia which is a Native Prairie Plant with Creamy White Flowers.  There it is in the middle of our Garden.  It is slow to come up, but it has staked claim to a corner of the Strawberry Bed.  I think those Flowers look like Silk. This is a regal and elegant flower which can grow fairly tall.
The Easter Lilies are in bloom.  I got this plant in memory of Dad in 2008.  Mother encouraged me to plant it in the Garden, which I did.  I had never done that before.  This is the 1st year that it has bloomed.  I think I will gather Lilies from those I give in memory and perhaps create a special bed of Flowers. That makes me smile just thinking of it.
The Arbor that Richard, Mike and Rhiannon made for me on my Birthday last fall is looking beautiful.  As I had hoped, the Arbor catches the mid afternoon shade and offers a lovely sanctuary through evening.  I do have some plants at the corners which should extend the wonders and benefits of shade.  The Fairy Rose is happy on the southeast side.  She is offering many clusters of beautiful deep pink blooms and was a gift from Victoria Albright a year ago.   
Sarah Saltmarsh gave me a white fall blooming Clematis.  As I had heard, it is vigorous and has staked a claim on the southwest side.  It should be glorious.  I just love gifts of plants from friends and family.  (I love giving them too.)  They make me smile.  I think the whole Garden smiles.

I laugh because the Birds have also found the Arbor.  They seem to like the Arbor as much as me.  Evidence has been left upon the seats.
The Lavendar is coming into full bloom.  Look how beautiful it looks against that wonderful Blue Sky with its puffy Clouds.  To get this view, you have to get down on the ground, or hold your camera down low.  The latter is what I did.  I never take any credit for these pictures.  It's like they take themselves.

No comments: