Saturday, June 25, 2011

Engaged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While living in Grand Forks
winter 1997,
I was sure
we were going
to have a big Flood.
Standard scientific forecasts
reassured otherwise.
Male knowledge
Head knowledge.
My knowing came
from the Feminine Intuitive Side
and it could not be dismissed.
I was not the only one.
Blizzards came and went.
Piles of snow deepened
amid the deep freeze
of North Dakota Winter.
From February on,
I went down
to the Red River daily,
and asked Her
to be my Teacher.
And yes,
we did have a Flood.
A Big Flood.
On this little Farm,
I am regularly in the Garden
with my Hands in the Soil
tending Plants.
The next stage
of my Living and Being 
has evolved.
I see myself as one on one,
as engaged
with each of those Plants,
with Soil,
with Earth,
with Creator.
And again,
I ask them to be my Teacher.
Always, I feel
the presence
of an expanding Circle
of my Dearest Friends.
~~~~
Glinda Crawford, 2011 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: