Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Walkabout

I headed on a Walkabout this morning.  I have been so busy with the Gardens that I have not spent as much time observing the changes on the Land.

As I headed North, I noted a stick stuck in the path.  It was in an area where a dead Tree had fallen in the most recent Storm which packed 70 mile per hour winds.  Yes, that stick was good and stuck in the path.  I pondered that a lot.

Continuing on, I had a snack of Black Raspberries.  They are just turning ripe.  Richard will be picking some soon over at Hollis'.  I love Black Raspberries.
On the east side of the Farm against the Osage Orange Hedge Row, I noted that lovely song "Drink your Tea...Drink your Tea."  That is the song of the Eastern Towhee.  I looked and looked and I could not see him.  The lovely Creature continued to sing. Then I looked more closely.  He was just about 12-15 feet away.  We 3 C's have been noting that more and more of the wild Creatures have been getting closer.  This is one example. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Eastern_Towhee/id

No comments: