Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"I Have a Code"

We have this little Slate which I put by the area you could call "Mission Control" on this little Farm.  That's where the phone, phone books, and calendars are.  Each day, I check the Biodynamic Calendar and I write on the board what's best to plant: Root, Flower, Leaf, Fruit.  So if you are at our house, you would know exactly what needs attention on that day.

Well, on this day, "I have a Code".  You know the kind: sniffles, sneezes, temperature fluctuations, speech which sounds and feels like the inside of a hollow drum, where are the tissues?  I don't like Summer Colds.  Colds at any other time are not of my preference either, but they do happen. 

So on this day, instead of putting the work in the Garden that needed attention on my little Slate, I decided to prompt myself to remember to rest.  I admit I am better at that some moments rather than others. Yes, I do get distracted on other things.  But yes, I am resting too.

No comments: