Monday, June 6, 2011

Berry Embellishments

Yesterday, I had a "hankering" for Pancakes. In the City, they would say: "I am hungry for Pancakes."  That's more uniform, more commonly understood, but it is also less colorful. Hankering would have been in the language of my childhood, which advanced forms of Education worked tirelessly to erase.  I am happy to say some of those Childhood memories of words are returning.  I shall be integrating them in Blogs that follow.

The inspiration for the Pancakes was the Strawberries which are in abundance.  Melanie worked on embellishments for the Pancakes: Molasses, Chopped Sprouted Almonds, Butter or non-Dairy Buttery Spread.  I mixed them up and stood over the hot stove cooking them.

I always chuckle to see how we each assemble our plates.  I like mine fanned out on the plate with the assortment of toppings scattered about.  Melanie likes hers in towers.  Richard skips the Nuts.  How would you assemble yours?

I put Blueberries in the Pancakes until I ran out.  Sadly, that is the last of our Frozen Blueberries. Assuming all goes well (and on the Farm, there are no givens), we will have quite a few Blueberries on the young Bushes south of the house.  The Price Family's Lostbranch Blueberry Farm should be open for picking toward the end of June.  We are excited about that.  Not only do we enjoy picking and the Berries, we meet some really neat people there too. 

I also put Juneberries in 1 pancake for each of us.  Our young Juneberry Bush is letting us know about what might happen in seasons ahead. 
P.S. My spellcheck on this Blog does not recognize Juneberry.  What kind of a spellcheck is that?

No comments: