Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thinning Time

I checked the Indian Corn Seed Packs and noted that the Plants should be thinned to 8 inches apart.  Seeds are planted about 2 times that, and more if they are older.  One of my least favorite things to do is to thin out those young Plants.  It seems like if they come up, they should be allowed to grow.  Besides, I don't like to kill anything. 

But that's what I did on this day.  I thanked the Seedlings for joining us for this short while on the Farm. I took some comfort in knowing the remaining Plants will grow bigger and stronger. 

You will note that the Pole Beans are coming up alongside some of the Corn Plants.  If you are a regular follower of this Blog, you might know that this Photo was taken in one of the 3 Sisters Gardens.  Here we go!

No comments: