Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Musings


June 24:

I weed away on the west Herb Bed while the Sun begins to make His Exit. As per usual, I have my Camera Companion in my Right Pocket. I turn to look at the Sun and I am filled with awe. I pull the Camera out. "Snap".

As I look at this little Farm, it seems to me we are creating Sanctuary. Or just perhaps, that is what the Farm is creating for us. The World outside is kind of jagged sometimes with harsh and seemingly unyielding points. Ouch. Having this little Sanctuary gives us roots and balance.

When we 1st came here 4 years ago, there wasn't much shade. The House stood bare with little protection. A harsh edge was present here and we surely still see that from time to time. But over time, we have been planting Trees, Shrubs, and sculpting Gardens. While these are long term practices, even now, the edge of the Wind and the Temperature seem to be moderating. We need to do more of this. For now, we can feel a kind of deep relaxation settling in. Isn't that what Homes are for?

Perhaps this is a metaphor for creating Sanctuary. This little Farm and all who reside here need Sanctuary. It is after all just the proper means of creating a lovely Nest. And in the meantime, as I weed this little Bed, the Wren sings and darts in and out of her House. This knowing is hers too.

No comments: