Friday, November 20, 2009

Chicken House News

During the Day, the Chicken House is usually the Exclusive Domain of Hens laying Eggs. Often, we hear what sounds like quite a racket out there. It's the Hens laying Eggs or waiting in Cue. Sometimes I think I have no clue as to what that is about. But then I chuckle, I had a Kid some time back.

Two days ago, Richard went to the Chicken House and was talking with the Hennies on the Nests. As he went around the Chicken House, he got to the last set of Nest Boxes. There sat our glorious Buff Orpington Rooster Fred.

"Fred what are you doing in there?" At which point, Mr. Fredster got up, turned around and faced backwards. You could almost hear him say: "Do not tell the Hennies that I am here. This is so embarassing."

Maybe he was exploring his Feminine Side. You could almost hear him say: "What is all this cackling about? I don't get it. It doesn't do anything for me." Or, perhaps he was pondering: "How do those Hennies lay those Eggs?" "I have absolutely no clue."

No comments: