We see ourselves as separate from Nature. Instead of practicing as Stewards or with Humility and Grace for the Web of Life which supports our Being, we feel we have the Exclusive Right to take what we please without consideration for the consequences. And taking is exactly what we have done:
- Only 7% of the Earth's Land Mass may be described as "Natural".
- 93% of the Earth's Land Mass is Human Dominated.
- In the U.S., 90% of the Wetlands have been lost.
- In the U.S., 98% of the Prairies are lost, with 2% remaining.
- In the U.S., less than 1% of what was Tallgrass Prairie remains.
You could say that our Nature Removal Project is now almost complete. Is that what we came for? I don't think so. That surely is not the Path that many that I know (or we on this Little Farm) are on.